Search This Blog

11 November 2008

Really, our problems have simple solutions...

Just ask Stanley A. Grovom, 45th President of the United States.

While sitting at a Mexican cafe, drinking a mango margarita, and admiring well-dressed tourists as they stroll along this beachside avenue, one would never suspect that the next Commander-in-Chief just might come up and pull up a chair. But that's what he does. This elderly, tweed-and-polyester-suit-wearing, Midwestern gentleman prowls the boulevard of downtown Carlsbad, California (the obvious choice for next hotspot of governmental overhaul) and visits with its common, downtrodden people. While slipping business cards in the fashion of the best Vegas handshakes, President Grovom pours out his simple answers to all our nation's problems. I, for one, will vote for this man. As will you when you see his brochure:



Shoot, sign me up! My favorites are (1) and (4). Dream on, my friend, dream on.

(Apologies for the poor scanner. Click on the picture to enlarge and read it. It's worth it.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stanley asked me for 3 dollars today and i said no. then when i got in the car to pick my daughter up for school i felt wrong inside. so i drove back to the store and said," pardon me, do you happen to be a noruigen veteran inneed of 3 dollars?" he said," why yes." then i gave it to him. He shook my hand and said," godbless you. thank you for coming back for me. good things will come to you." he handed me a brochure then walked away.

Joules said...

I met Mr. Grovom in front of Target in Poway several months ago. His brochure reminds me somewhat of the labels on Dr. Bronner's soap. I decided to do a quick search today to see if anyone else found him noteworthy. There are several entries about him, including one written by Diane Bell of the San Diego Union-Tribune.